Here are some of the tremendous health benefits of Kombucha and why you should drink it everyday
Known as the "Eternal Health Elixir" by the Chinese and starting in the Far East around 2,100 years prior, kombucha is a refreshment with gigantic medical advantages.
Kombucha is a fermented refreshment drink made up of dark tea and sugar (from different sources including cane sugar, honey or fruit) that is utilized as a practical sustenance. It contains a state of microscopic organisms (bacteria) and yeast that are in charge of starting the fermentation process. Once fermented, kombucha becomes carbonated and contains vinegar, b-vitamins, enzymes, probiotics and a high concentration of acid (acidic, gluconic and lactic), which are tied with the effects below:
- Improved Digestion
- Increased Energy
- Immune Support
- Weight Loss
- Cleansing and Detoxification
- Reduced Joint Pain
- Cancer Prevention
Probiotics? Kombucha's got you covered!
Kombucha is full of probiotics and other happy things that our intestines love and that help boost our overall health.
Make Kombucha at Home with a Kombucha "Tea" Starter Kit
For further study and reference:
- American Cancer Society. Kombucha Tea. Available at: http://www.cancer.org
- Bhattacharya S, et al. Protective effect of kombucha tea against tertiary butyl hydroperoxide induced cytotoxicity and cell death in murine hepatocytes. Indian J. Exp Biol 2011; 49: 511–524.
- Bhattacharya S, et al. Hepatoprotective properties of kombucha tea against TBHP-induced oxidative stress via suppression of mitochondria dependent apoptosis. Pathophysiology 2011; 18:221–234.
- Banerjee D, et al. Comparative healing property of kombucha tea and black tea against indomethacin-induced gastric ulceration in mice: possible mechanism of action. Food Funct 2010; 1: 284–293.